Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NYC, BBQ and STAINS!

Lacie here...Sweet Butchy picked us up on Friday to whisk us out to Iowa to check on Miss Snickers who had been feelin' poorly and had a seizure. The stuffies, Gert and Bert gave an amazing BBQ pawty to cheer Snickers up and to feed all the pups who came in to keep her company. The pawty got a teeny tiny bit out of paw, but eventually we got all the Koi back in the pond. I had NO IDEA how much Koi love to eat BBQ!!!!

We next flew to New York for Asta's mommi's 60th Barkday Pawty...Oh my....we stayed at Petey's and if you haven't been to his bloggie, you HAVE to check out his amazin' pics and reporting. It's a HOWL!!!!! Asta and I followed Mumsie and her Mommi on Saturday all over the streets of New York. Among other places they stopped was Mariebelle's of NY....this fab Hot Carob and Tea place. Asta's mommi got that delish hot chocolate that you can eat with a fork, while Mumsie ordered tea. OK....member that post I did when I got endless grief for not understandin' a Proper Tea and how Lipton tea doesn't cut the mustard???

Well, Mumsie poured her tea into the cup LEAVES AND ALL....(I heard her say to Auntie Ami if she laughed or told anybody, she'd kill her...she didn't tell me that...)


They give you this special strainer through which you are SUPPOSED to strain the tea leaves. Hmm...I was soooooooooooo embarrassed....you can take the girl outta the Burgh, but not the Burgh outta the girl, I guess.



Look at this flat smooshed packaged chunk of Mango you can buy there...chocolate flavored, no less! Wonder which of his girlfriends did this? I only tried to grind him up in a blender, they went to far as to chop him up and package him!!!



Yeppers, that Mango gets around. He owns a store here, obviously, in New York. I had no idea he was so fashion conscious and trendy!!! (Lacie and Asta attempt to go into Mango's to shop, but are not allowed in as they are not appropriately attired in the latest fashion trends....UGG boots are just sooooooooo out!!!)





We had to dash back to get ready for the party of the century. Lookie at Duffy gettin' all spiffed up with his FIRST BATH! Poor dog looks like a drowned rattie!!!



I've been asked to let Scruffy and Stan report this next incident......



Yo...Dudes...Scruffy and Stan here! We found these pix on Mumsie's camera...what in the world is Mumsie doing in all her 1940's finery....is she cleaning up a STAIN????????? A HOOOOGE STAIN MADE RIGHT BEFORE THE PAWTY????







OMD!!!!!!!! Looks like ASTA started in on the O'Drools waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy before the pawty started.....
SHE
MADE
A
STAIN!!!!!!


Rollin' on the ground in gales of hysterical foxy and dale laughter with Proceco coming out of their noses......
"Lacie....don't bite, Lacie...we were just teasin' Asta a little...I know it's seven floors down to the potty area and it was an emergency...Lacie, it's NOT a good idea to toss us out the window...
LAAACCCIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Scruffy and Babystan









24 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo SOOOO get 'round -

Mom says grrrrreat taste on the choice of prosecco -

I khan't wait to see more of your little - ummmm - jaunts -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Not only are we jelly, even Mom is jelly!! She saw all the cool pics of the fantabulous party at Asta's blog. We bet Mumsie had a great time. Y'all have a pretty Mumsie too!(and as far as the fancy tea place, what's a few tea leaves....)
Hope you 3 did not get into TOO much trouble. aww what am I saying, must have forgotten who we were talking to! LOL
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Joe Stains said...

omdog, I don't know if I can even bring myself to present her with an award because I really do not want to offend her. I cannot believe it! The award is not made for such a dignified lady, omdog what do I do? I might have to talk it over with her!

Molly the Airedale said...

UH OH! Another candidate for Joey's stain award! hehehehe
What a fabulous pawty this was! We've been to Asta's blog and we need to go check out Petey's!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Yes, the Mango is quite the trend setter. That party was a hoot.

Slobbers,
Mango

Abby said...

Hi...

Oh My...I never thought we would be nominating our Sweet Asta for the Stain Award...

It must have been some pawty...

Abby xxxooo

Gus said...

First of all, let me say ON RECORD that I do not believe Asta made that stain. I bet you guys had something to do with it. Second, if Lacie tells me what hospital you are in when Asta finishes with you, I will send flowers.

gussie

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Tell your moomie happy birthday! Me likes your stain. Me's never made one quite that big.

Levi

Koobuss said...

Hi Guys,

Please tell munsie that my mom would not know what to do with the tea either. Besides, she probably would have the chocolate. It's so much easier than dealing with tea leaves and whatever else comes with them.

Just love that O'Doolies. I drink it all the time. But if you drink too much, it can go right through you. Poor kousin Asta. How embarrassing... Maybe getting one of Joey's awards would cheer her up because after all, it was an outstanding effort on her part and she deserves some recognition.

Glad you had fun in NY!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Moco said...

Mumsie is a true nurse. Who else would clean up body fluids in their party clothes but a nurse.
You look like you had a great time in NY. I suppose Scruffy and BabyStan are in for it now.

Eric said...

Hey Lacie, HAAAAAaaaaaa!!! I'm laughing..Mom and the tea.Xpect she was trying to read her fortune in the tea-leaves..cos then you don't bother with the strainer...pour a little bit of tea in with the tea leaves....swirl it about a bit..bladibla turn the cup upsidey down on the saucer...she had the best bone china didn't she? Bladi bla bla , lots of ritual stuffie..then you read the leaves in your cup for your fortune.Probably saw herself clearing up stains at parties,bathing cute puppies,visiting two dogs with broken bones in hospital and zipping up a certain dog's mouth. Ooooooh haaaaa!!

Peess S Wagging Mumsie had such a good time in NY. Why didn't you go? I'm not going either with the leggededs. Waaaaaa..

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee, it sounds like the NY trip was a success....glad Mumsie got ta dress up like the hussies of the 30s.....we were surprised ta see that relentlessly huge got so Mangled....why ya can't even tell that he was in that box at all...'n his own store too....why bet he can get this country outta the financial mess it's in fer sure....

Have a Great Thanksgivin'guys....one and all of ya !!!!!

Dewey Dewster here.....

Dexter said...

Uh, Friday? That's in like two days, isn't it? I guess that's OK. Can I just send a car for you?

I was thinking maybe we could go into Boston and see the nutcracker ballet followed by ice skating on the common. They you might want to take the train home? I don't know if I can get permission for you to sleep over (and no way you are going on the running of the errands).

Can my buddy Scruffman come too? Just want to make sure there are reliable witnesses.

Slobbers,
Mango

Asta said...

Scwuffy and Stan

ummm..I'm sooo embawwaswd..that was wude of you to publish my howwible mistake fow all the wowld to see...I'd like to see you twying to owganize a pawty fow 50 hoomans and not need a wefweshing dwink while you'we doing it...I am mowtified.....glad Gussie will send you flowews you'll need them
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Asta said...

Lacie

I wish you wew hewe in Nowf Cawolina...
This bobo doggie won't shawe hew toys at all..but I've eaten plenty of leaves and you know what happens to me when I do that..gag, cough, gag....
Ineed one of youw smoofies
love ya giwl!
don't let youw bwuvvews get any thanksgiving yummies, and don't wowk too hawd
smoochie kisses
Asta

Noah the Airedale said...

Are you sure that Asta made that stain. I simply can't believe it. I think you're telling furfies.

tailwags
Noah

Eduardo said...

BOL! Y'all are so silly!
Happy Early Thanksgiving!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Dexter said...

Momma says you can sleep over, but you have to stay in the guest room. Scruffer can sleep in the dog cave with me and pee-wee.

I got us tickets for the nutcracker at the boston opera house. I suppose you can go shopping at the Prudential Center. Its all inside so your hair won't get messed up.

BUT NO RUNNING OF THE ERRANDS! You are not setting one foot in my mastiff mobile. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Mango

Eric said...

Squaries.Yikes!Stupid me.Forgot to send you and Mumsie big wigging wags for a Happy Thanksgiving.Have a most pawfect time.Tell Mumsie she looks soo young and glam,sure she not your sister?

Wiry wiggy wags sweet Lacie. Eric xxxxxxx

Dexter said...

Stan and Scruffman -
I'm not sure what you are talking about? Sure, I have my gajingles. What does that have to do with a nutcracker?

Confused,
Mango

P.S. Can you guys let MJ know that this is so totally NOT a date? I tried to tell her, but I'm not sure she gets it. I just want stupid Lacie to stop stalking me.

Sassy Kat said...

Happy early Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Hi Lacie,

Me's got an award for you over on my November 26th blog entry. Hope you don't already have it.

Love, Levi

Princess Patches said...

We want to know what that thing was around Mumsie's neck when she was in her 1940's outfit. It looks like a de-stuffed stuffie!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow you sure had a long trip going there..
Hope you have a Happy Turkey Day with just as much excitement..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie