Friday, October 12, 2007

Lacie's Fix It Surgery...DONE!


Hey, it's the Scruffman...Lacie is a tad under the weather...actually, she's snuggling on Daddy's lap....I ALWAYS snuggle on Daddy's lap this time of night. But, no. I'm lying on the cold hard carpet.

As you can see from the above pic, this is the view Lacie had on her way in for her fix it surgery. She had to get there by 8AM. That necessitated ME having to get up early, hurry through my 14 outdoor tinkles, and get jammed in my crate WITHOUT my breakfast. Mumsie said,"I can't feed you with her watching...." Harumph.




Here's one of the vet techs greeting Lacie as she came in the door. Mumsie came home for a little bit. I couldn't figure out where Lacie was. I searched, paced, even looked out the windows. Then depressed, I went and laid in my crate which was good as Mumsie left again.

Mumsie had read on "Dr." Miss Sunshade's blog about a study in which doggie parents were allowed to be with their pets when they awakened from surgery. The study said it decreased the use of pain medicine and duration of stay at the vets. Mumsie is a recovery room nurse at a hospital....she told our vet about the study...(neglecting to mention that her source was a clever Airedale)...the vet knew all bout the study...and let Mumsie back as soon as they lifted Lac off the operating table.

She said Lac woke up just like a miniature hooman, shivering and sorta wailing even though her eyes were closed. Mumsie half crawled in her cage and whispered sweet nothings in her ear...she said after bout 10-15 minutes, Lacie just stood up looking dazed and confused. She gathered her up, wrapped her in blankies, and sat in a rocking chair and rocked her for an hour as she watched the other surgeries. The whole thing was amazing if you like rocking Lacie and watching doggie surgeries. Lacie went to sleep for another couple hours....Mumsie left for a little while, then came to pick her up.






As you can see, she looks quite dazed and confused still. Mumsie carried her in and put her in our dog bed. I was SO GLAD to see her. For about 15 seconds. I went over wagging my butt off, did 4-5 play bows, gave her netherregions a small sniff to check things over....AND GOT BIT FOR MY TROUBLES. Instead of a "Whiny Gyne" this girl is a "Growly Gyne!" Yeesh!
The day only deteriorated. She got held, patted, and stroked all day. I got nothing. (Mumsie: Ah Scruffy....your favorite pet sitter came and took you for a long walk and played frisbee with you....remember??)


Lacie got chicken and rice for dinner....I got dry tasteless dog food. She got her stoopid medicine mixed in Eddy's Limited Edition Apple Pie Ice Cream. I got kicked. (Mumsie.....SCRUFFY, I have never ever kicked you....knock it off....I made you smmoooshie potatos with peanut butter...and you ate a little ice cream off a fork.)


OK, so I may have exaggerated a tad.



They were really good smmooshies.
Now, admittedly, I haven't been the nicest dog today. BUT.....I did something nice to make up for it. Check out Lacie's tummy. When she was sleeping....I added tummy spots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's gonna be SOOOOOOO excited. She's always wanted them cuz Asta has 'em. I told her that's what her fixit surgery was for. To fix her lack of tummy spots! OK....let's hear it....all together.....AAAHHHHHHH!!!! Yep, the Scruffster came through. Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm gonna go and figure a way to get her off Daddy's lap!


Pee Ess...Lacie here....I love Daddy's lap! Now, i just have to figure how to get Scruff, Dunstan, Koob and me to Penn State for the game tomorrow....and I guess I can't pregame. Sniff.....Thanks to all for your good wishes, and to Asta for her flowers....we'll post a pic on the next post....I'm a little weak...perhaps something cold and refreshing???? "Hey Scruffy...get me some more ice cream!!!!!!!"








26 comments:

Stanley said...

Lacie Girl!!!
WooHOo, you're fixed (not that you weren't pawfect before), and you're getting the pampered treatment. And, your mumsie got to be there when you woke up cuz she quoted Ms Sunshade to your vet! Very cool.

Just so you know, the Scruffman was missing you all day & couldn't wait for you to get home! Be kind to him even while you milk all the extra special treatment.

Scruffman! I admit it. I learned a lot from your experience today. I'm certain I will be going through the same thing in about 5 months with my new sissy (woohoo). Your added tummy spots were a nice touch.

You guys take care & nothing funny or too rambunctious at the Penn State game!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Pee Ess
Yea!! We got to see your mumsie!

Koobuss said...

Hi Lacie,

Glad to see that you made it through your surgery okay. The first day is always the hardest. The next day's a piece of cake and Ice cream.

I also like your tummy dots. I don't have any of those. Your inccission is about the same as mine. Maybe we can compare our scars.

I think on our way to Penn State tomorrow you should sit in the back, relax or take a nap, and let me drive. I just got my driver's license and I won't have any trouble handling the limo we rented. Scruffy can be the navigaor. Since it's mostly just one road, I-80, he shouldn't mess that up too much.

See you tomorrow Sweetie! Get lots of rest so you can feel better soon.

Love and Koobie Kisses,
Koobie

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Pups...
Oh, I'm so relieved about Lacie's surgery and Lacie...I have tummy spots too!!! Yay!!!

Scruffman want a good bro you are taking care of Lacie like that...she is so lucky to have you as a big bro!

Nice to see your Mom too!!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends.
Lacie, it makes me so happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery! Now, take it easy. I know you will feel better tomorrow!
Scruffy is a rascal placing those spots on your tummy!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Asta said...

Lacie
Welcome home..I'm so gla d evewything went well! I love the dazed and confoozed look and it suwe must have been supew nice to wake up to Mommi! Aiwedale's awe smawt!!

Poor dawling Sneglected Scwuffy(not!)smooshytaos with peanut buttew,and you dindn't even think to invite me??we could have licked it off ouw cawds while we played pokew..oh well next time!
I love the tummy spots you gave lacie..you'we bwilliant..I want to exchange mine pleez
Hve a gweat time at the game!
smoochie healing kisses
Asta

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Lacie, glad you're OK and hope you're feeling better today for the game. Is Dunstan taking good care of you? I know he's the strong silent type but he's a softie underneath.

Scruffy, nice touch with the tummy spots!

J x

Faya said...

Welcome Home....I am happy to read that everything went well. But you will have to be carefull some more days ok ?
Kisses, Faya

Molly the Airedale said...

I'm so glad your mom was there when you woke up from surgery, Lacie! That's just so special! So now you get to sit back and have everybody wait on you hand and foot! Enjoy it - it doesn't last long!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Lacie, hope you're feeling ok....not too sore. We've all been through it here so we totally understand how you're feeling.....well not Noah of course being a boy and all and never having been fixed either. How he got away with that we'll never know.
Anyway we're thinking of you and sending hugs and tail wags.

Take care and make sure Scruffy gets you loads of ice-cream. You deserve it!!!!!!!

Willow, Tess and Lucy
Noah sends tail wags too

Harry said...

Glad your surgery went well little Lacie. The fact that mum could be with you must ahve helped a great deal. I just love your tummy spots!

Toodle pip,

Harry x

Amber-Mae said...

Oh man, you got spayed? That was not cool...But glad to hear that the surgery went well. Hehehe, what are those smiley face stickers doing on your tummy? I hope you don't have to wear that stooopid satellite dish at home. But lucky you had some great din dins!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

jaffeboy said...

Hey Lacie, hope you recover well & fast. Enjoy the attention cos after that you'll need to share the daddy's lap. hehehe...

Scruffy, your situation makes me wonder if it is worth going to the vet just to get the special treatment. I think I can fake a cold, what do ya think?

Gus said...

Lacie: Tummy spots are cute, but truly cutie, you don't need them. You are fine, just as you are. Be careful at the game today, crowds can be dangerous.

Gus said...

Lacie: Tummy spots are cute, but truly cutie, you don't need them. You are fine, just as you are. Be careful at the game today, crowds can be dangerous.

Headgirl said...

Hi Lacie

So gald your surgery went well, now you can be spoilt by all..

Pats & pets
Blue

PS after the Barkday Halloween event are you coming to mine on the night... I have the graveyard you will have the costume!

Agatha and Archie said...

Dearest Lacie,We are so happy that you are home,and that your Mom got to be there when you woke up.PL2 is at work today and is telling EVEYONE about your Mom in the RR(she is thrilled0 We love your tummy spots but we loved you before your tummy spots!!!Rest up,keep your brother busy and be carefull at the game.PS ScruffMan if you want to come over and play with Arch he says he has a lot of new games you 2 could play with.Love Agatha

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hey Lacie,

Glad to hear you made it through "the" operation safe and sound! Love the smilies :)

Love,
Bogart

Joe Stains said...

oh boy we are glad the fixing surgery went well! scruffy was very patient and your Mom was very nice to be there for you when you first got up! We hope you heal very fast!

Kirby said...

Lacie,

I'm so glad everything went well for you. It must have been so nice to have your mommy there when you woke up. Scruffy sounds like he is helpig to take real good care of you. I just loooove the tummy spots. They're grooovy!

Your pal,
Kirby

Asta said...

Lacie
I think maybe you should have wented that big scween TV,just this once..maybe it was too soon aftew suwgewy to go. On the othew paw, now you can get even mowe sympathy and pampewing...youw Dunny -boy will be feeding you ice cweam in bed fow quite some time. I heaw vitamin E is good fow scaws..I pwefew kisses on the tummy. Don't be mean to Scruffy, he missed you and wanted to be nice to you ..you shouldn't bite him aways OK?
hope youw tummy upset cleaws up and you get fwagwant fluffy new sheets
smoochie kisses
Asta

Patience-please said...

Feel better Lacie! Good thing your Servant knows her PACU stuff! Nice for you to wake up in her arms. Our servant does the same thing, only she's retired, so she's all rusty. Ol' Poke 'n Stick still lets her hold us when we wake up, though. Luckily it's been a while since any of us had to get opened up.

the whippet waggle

Patience-please said...

Oh thanks for visiting our blog and for saying such lovely things!
We don't know so much about blog-iquette and our Servant knows even less, as we're all new at this, so we don't know where to answer.
The Servant is leaving an answer to your comment on the next comment on our blog.
Oh LORDY we are dizzy! This makes no sense!!!

the whippet waggle

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

So what flavor ice cream is your favorite?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Suki & Joey said...

I'm so glad you pulled through ok, Lacie! Your tummy spots are adorable, too ;)

And I think it's sweet the way your big brother was missing you. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I were home alone.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Mojo, Digger and family said...

Scruffy, those are the wildest tummy spots ever. She's going to be so pleased! any time you want to pop over my house and try out your artistic skills on my tummy is fine by me. Can't guarantee peanut butter mashed potato though. Humph! Mum never cooks me anything like that. I want a refund.

Actually, your Mum sounds really cool to convince your vet to let her in to Lacie as soon as possible. I wonder if my Mum can make the same arrangements when I get done.

And big doggy snogs to you, Lacie - hopefully feeling chipper again and not pulling your stitches out.

all my love
Mojo

Ferndoggle said...

Poor Lacie Girl!! Don't be like me. After I had my Fix It done, I was supposed to take it easy...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm a Boxer...come on! I pulled my stiches open & had to go back to the Drs. to fix my Fix It!

Lola